Free Fire: The Cobra update is the latest and most amazing update for Garena Free Fire. And today, I am here to quickly share with you all the details about this update, as well as the APK download links for the app itself.
Of course, you don’t necessarily have to download these files in order to install the latest update for the game. The update is globally available and you can download The Cobra Update for Android and iOS following the official store links:
Remember, you can also play the game on PC. I wrote a guide a while ago on how to play Free Fire on PC – make sure to check it out as well for an improved gameplay!
Most important changes brought by The Cobra Update
Also dubbed the OB26, this latest Free Fire update comes with a plethora of changes and improvements that fans of the game will love. This includes the launch of the Clash Squad Season 5 (starts on February 5), new weapons, items and training grounds and also updates to the Battle Royale mode.
Here is the full list of changes brought to the game by the Free Fire Cobra Update, on both Android and iOS:
1. Clash Squad Season 5 – Begins 02/05 17:00 SGT.
2. Classic Mode (Battle Royale) Update:
- War Chest for looting now available
- Revival Point now available. (Casual Mode Only)
- Revival Card now available. (Casual Mode Only)
3. New Training Grounds – Batou
- New Item: Fancy Hammer
- New Item: Giant Dice
- Map and zone adjustments
4. New Weapon – MAG-7
5. Dynamic Duo system available 02/09!
6. Free Look now available.
7. In-game Radio Commands now available.
8. Weapon Stats Adjustment.
This is definitely one of the most exciting updates the game has received in recent times! You can check out the complete list of changes, with detailed information on the official website here.
Free Fire APK & OBB Download Links
In case you somehow are unable to download and install the APK or OBB update files for The Cobra Update, you can download them following the links below.
IMPORTANT: These are external website links. These have been tested by us to be risk-free and virus-free, but use due diligence when installing content like this on your mobile phone.
These being said, you can download the latest update following these links:
- The Cobra Update APK File (47MB)
- Free Fire Cobra Update OBB (612MB)
All in all, you will need around 2GB of free storage space on your device to be able to install and play this latest update.
How to install the Cobra Update using APK & OBB files?
This only works on Android. iOS users will have to download the update using the links shared at the beginning of the article.
Once downloaded to your device, follow these steps:
1. (Optional, you might have done this already): Activate the option to install apps from unknown or external sources on your device (methods of activation vary from device to device, but usually found in Settings – Security).
2. Install the downloaded APK file using File Manager.
3. After installing, move the OBB file to Android > OBB > com.dts.freefireth.
This is all that you need to do! Now you have installed the latest version for Free Fire and you can launch the game and play it.