Pokemon Go has been launched right before the weekend – and what a great timing it was, because everybody could play the game without having to worry about work! And now, as we’re starting to head out to work, wondering what pokemon awaits in our office, there is one thing that we keep hearing: we’ve got to catch ’em all! But catching all Pokemon in the game is not an easy job, especially because some of the rarer ones are difficult to capture in the first place. And we are here to help – help you with a guide on how to find rare Pokemon in Pokemon Go.
So if you are wondering what to do in order to increase your numbers or, even better, increase your chances of finding the ones that are more difficult to find, read on our guide on how to get rare Pokemon in Pokemon Go.
The truth is that there is no real trick and there are no actual gameplay mechanics that will guarantee your rare Pokemon, but there are tricks you can apply to make sure that you capture them when you meet them and also things you can do to increase your chances of finding rare Pokemon – and that is definitely a good start and better than nothing!
1. Go to the places where there’s a ton of pokemons: city parks, zoos, museums and important landmarks in your city offer the most in terms of Pokemon and the more there are, the bigger your chances of finding a rare one.
2. Remember that nearby natural or human-made resources matter. In other words, if you are near the beach or a source of water, you will find more Water-type Pokemon. If it’s night, you will find nocturnal ones, while during the day you will only find the ones that love the day. Know what type of rare Pokemon you want and search for it during the right time and in the right place.
3. Use incense: this draws all Pokemon towards your location for a limited amount of time. The best idea is to use this when you are in a really crowded area, with multiple Pokemon available in multiple locations. Use your incense then, draw in the Pokemon and it’s almost impossible not to find a rare one.
4. Walk around: if you don’t have or don’t want to use up your incense for whatever the reason, just walk around and look for nearby Pokemon. Eventually, you will find the rare ones! But make sure to also pay attention to the traffic and real world around, not just the screen of your device in order to avoid accidents. This also goes for Eggs – they can hold valuable and rare pokemon and you have nothing else to do but walk in order to open them. The higher the distance you have to cover in order to open an Egg, the rarer it will be.
5. Learn to throw the Pokeballs: the rare ones are difficult to capture, so it’s best to improve your chances! If the circle is red, it means that the Pokemon you’re facing is really difficult to capture, so it would be a good idea to use candy in order to improve the chances of capturing them. From what I saw, one candy is enough and guarantees capture if you throw a good ball (at least this is what happened in my case).
Throwing the ball at the right time also matters: don’t just waste your Pokeballs, throwing them randomly at the Pokemon you want to capture, make sure you tap and hold the screen and throw them when the circle gets really small – that’s how you should aim!
These would be our tips and tricks for catching more rare Pokemon in Pokemon Go. In the end, it’s mostly a matter of being patient and playing the game constantly, but if you have other suggestions for fellow players, let us know by commenting below.